Thailand Driving Licence

Posted on November 15th, 2017

If you plan on staying longer than 3 months in Thailand, you better advised to get a Thai driving license. This is due to certain insurance companies stipulating in their small print that you are not fully covered unless you have a Thai drivers license. Having a Thai drivers license has other benefits as well, […]

continue reading

90 Day Reporting

Posted on November 10th, 2017

90 Day Reporting at Immigration Pattaya Staying in Thailand longer than 90 days ?  If so you will need to report to immigration. Any foreigner that stays in the Kingdom of Thailand longer than 90 days needs to notify immigration of this, and needs to report this for each 90 day period. A foreigner must […]

continue reading

Thailand Property Taxes

Posted on October 22nd, 2017

The following is an overview of property taxes in Thailand “Housing and Land Tax” in Thailand is collected yearly by the local/closest government instance. Property owners if they rent out their property housing and land tax shall be collected at the rate of 12.5% of the yearly rental according to the lease agreement or the […]

continue reading

Make sure landlord reports your stay to local immigration

Posted on October 20th, 2017

There is a law that property owner must report your stay to the local immigration if tenant is a foreigner. If you rent a condominium unit then usually it is done by condominium management staff (if the landlord informs them). Make sure this is done, otherwise it may cause you a trouble later.

continue reading